Business and Management
Submitted By manum
Study Habits Related Literature
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE Study habits have been defined as the attitude of one person towards their academic year in life. It has been also studied by many researchers. In fact, according to psychologist John M. Grohol, the study habit of students is affected by its environment. Due to that, he suggests that student should study in smarter way. And so he gives ten effective study habits to assist the students with their schoolwork. These ten effective study habits are the following:
1. Improve your study mindset by thinking positively towards study, avoiding catastrophic and absolute thinking such as self-pitying, and lastly, avoid comparing yourself with others.
2. Environment matters in studying so it would be better if you find your ideal place that suits your studying approach.
3. Bring everything you need, nothing you don’t. Through this study habit, you will be able to focus more on your schoolwork and you will avoid such destruction.
4. Outline and review your notes.
5. Use memory games or mnemonic devices in memorizing pieces of information regarding your studies.
6. Practice by on your own or with friends since practice makes perfect. It can also assist you to remember your lesson easily.
7. Make a schedule you can stick to and being committed to it hinder you from cramming.
8. Take breaks and rewards. These breaks will facilitate you to do your schoolwork more efficiently and effectively. Meanwhile, the rewards could be use as your motivation in studying.
9. Keep healthy and balance. Though it is difficult to live a balanced life while in school, you must consider that the more balanced you seek out in your life, the easier for you to overcome every components in your life. Being healthy also, gives you more energy to do your tasks.
10. Know what are the expectations are for the class to abet…...